- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1 (21-oz) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pie filling, vanilla extract, eggs and milk. Mix with an electric mixer just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk. Bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate chips until smooth. Immediately pour over cooled cake. Cool completely before slicing and serving.