- 1 lb Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 (26-oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 (16-oz) container cottage cheese, drained
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 (16-oz) tube prepared polenta, cut into 18 slices
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (fresh or green can)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook Italian sausage or ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat. Remove from heat and stir in marinara sauce. Set aside.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg and parsley. Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup sauce into bottom of prepared pan. Top sauce with half of polenta slices. Top polenta with half of cottage cheese mixture. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese on top of cottage cheese mixture. Spread half of sauce on top of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Top casserole with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.