This peach delight recipe is a crowd-pleasing favorite dessert. Made in a 9 x 13 baking dish, it’s layered with fresh peaches, whipped topping, and cream cheese.
- 2 cups + 4 Tbs. self-rising flour
- 2 sticks of margarine, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup + 4 Tbs. sugar
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 8 oz. carton whipped topping, thawed
- 4 cups fresh sliced peaches
- 4 Tbs. peach jello
For the first layer
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together 2 cups of flour, 2 sticks of melted margarine, nuts, and 4 tablespoons of sugar, and spread in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
For the second layer
- Mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping. Spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate.
For the third layer
- Once the cream cheese layer is cooled and set, layer with the fresh sliced peaches.
For the fourth layer
- Mix together a cup of sugar, 4 tablespoons of flour and peach jello in a saucepan, then stir in a cup of water. Cook over medium heat until thick and clear. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, pour over the peaches and refrigerate until the top layer has set. Enjoy!